Chances are you already have a website? If so, what purpose does it serve? It’s surprising the number of business owners who get stumped when asked this question. Let’s help you answer it because knowing the answer will help you generate more money from it, guaranteed!
Before you start looking for someone to design/redesign your website or even think about the cost, it’s essential to determine the purpose of your website. Failing to do this planning stage will result in a website not fit for purpose. If it’s not fit for purpose then you can’t measure and manage it and ultimately make money from it.
Having clear, well defined goals and a definite purpose will really help you succeed. Think about what you want your visitors to do when they visit your website. Should they fill out a form, call a number or signup to register for an event or a call back. Knowing what your prospective clients should do when they visit your site will guide you with the design.
Your site will no doubt fall into one of three broad categories. They are:
1. Selling products and/or services
2. Generating leads so you can later follow up and convert them into customers
3. Establish credibility or expert status
You may like to get a pen and paper (or tablet) and answer the following questions. When you have a meeting with a designer you will have a framework of what you want. It will also help the designer create a site that delivers on your wishes.
- What does your successful website look like?
- What problems or issues are you trying to solve with a new website or redesign?
- What elements of your old website worked and which didn’t (many businesses will already have a website so this question is important for a redesign)?
- What impression do you want visitors to have about your business (corporate, friendly, business like, cutting edge etc.)?
- What do you want visitors to do when they visit your website (fill out a form, pick up the phone, request a free report etc.)?
- What lead capture and follow up mechanisms do you have in place (capture of the users email that automates a follow up sequence or automates a text message etc.)?
If you need any help working out the true purpose and potential of your website or need some advanced lead capture implementation then why not call DM Informatics for a FREE consultation on 01752 295875 or visit us at www.dminformatics.co.uk